How to prepare to give a talk, tutorial or presentation
- Identify the goal of the talk, tutorial or presentation.
- Rehearse for five minutes without preparation to pinpoint what needs work.
- Rehearse before creating any visual aids.
- Rehearse instead of worrying.
- Practice covering the main points in one minute and five minutes.
- Practice giving the talk without visual aids.
- Iteratively rehearse for five minutes, prepare for ten minutes, rehearse for five minutes, prepare for ten minutes.
- Work on another topic after two iterations.